Friday, 30 October 2009

Digital Art & Design

Here is the same image again just experimenting with it in different ways to the last one. I prefer the composition of this one, you can clearly see the foreground card with the ones in the background showing through. Also the dark and light blue flow into each other well with the black of the spades dominating the image.

For this image I simply played around with the colour balance and the brightness of the background used below to see if it would work out well. I think its alright, I like the way each spade is really defined by its colour, but generally I'm not overly enthused by this piece.

Again the background here is taken from the card section of that first image, which is zoomed in enough to show all the different sized spades. I then put another bird illustration over the top progressing from the image below, the two go well together as a pair.

You might recognise the background of this image from my very first post. I zoomed into the glove section and got a quite nice textured effect, so I stayed with it and stuck this bird illustration over the top.

The background for this was taken from a zoomed in part of the image below. I found the figure in a newspaper and thought the phrase would work well with it. Overall a nice piece.

This image turned out unexpectedly well. I started out by drawing some green triangles on a page with random bits of newspaper cut offs, then just started to play around with the shapes and sizes of parts of the images and copied around until I was happy with the composition.

I really like this image, the shadow of the face really shows through with the lines fading into the background.

This one took a while to get right, I started to lose interest in it. but then the idea of decreasing the size of the words and increasing the transparency gave it a bit of life.

This was done using the same foundations as the image below but I changed the colour balance of it and it became completely different visually.

The background of this image I did by using a ruler to spread paint in lines around the page, once scanned in to photoshop I changed the lightness of it and added the text over the top.

For this image I played around with the brief words we were given. I varied the transparency of some of the words to get a partly opaque, partly transparent effect. I think the positions of the words work really well.

This image was originally a figure I found in a newspaper, I enlarged this figure and put the smaller one inside it with type from the article over the top

I started off doing the Digital Art and Design workshop which involved scanning in various works done by hand on paper. Then once scanned, put into photoshop and played
around with. I got some interesting results using this method.

This was the first image i produced in this workshop, i started adding random things like the rubber glove and the card which both started to look really interesting when experimented with.

No comments:

Post a Comment